Saturday, June 8, 2013

Organic Dark Green Salad & Dressing - Recipe

My family is going to a potluck pool-party for one of the kids today and I was signed up for salad. So just because I couldn't make grain-free cookies doesn't mean I couldn't make something yummy-healthy.

Lately, I've been working a barter with a client who has a very large organic garden and organic avocado grove, so I've been fortunate enough to walk away from each wellness session with large bags full of organic greens and avocados. Perfect for today, because yesterday I left with more kale than I know we'd eat on a regular week. Everything included in the salad is organic, and it's pre-dressed in the bowl ready to go, so all people need to do is serve and eat. Keep chilled until ready to serve.

ORGANIC DARK GREEN SALAD
2 large bunches Russian Red-Stemmed Kale leaves - chopped
1 large bunch Chard - chopped
1 large bunch Arugula

1 large bunch Dandelion - chopped
1 Blood Orange - chopped
4 Heirloom Tomatoes - chopped
1 Carrot - grated



CITRUS DRESSING

4 oranges - juiced, include pulp
4 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 Tbsp avocado oil
2 Tbsp hemp oil
2 Tbsp honey
1" ginger - grated
1 Tbsp tahini
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper





© 2013, Giovanna Mealer, Giovanna's Paleo Kitchen
All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts! Please feel free to add to the conversation!